Sunday, July 17, 2011

In times of trouble

I couldn't imagine myself being one of those children in the Kindertransport. And I don't even want to think about it.

But if I were, at 10 years old, told to pack my bags because I had to leave for another country into the homes of strangers and be away from the comforts of my family, I would definitely bring the following items:

A journal to write all my thoughts and feelings in, because I would need to express myself then more than ever. And perhaps I could compile all the things that I've written and turn it into a book in the future.

My stuffed animal that has been with me since birth. At least I still keep a piece of home and family while I'm in an unknown land.

A photo album with lots of our family photos. So I could keep everyone close to me, despite the distance between us. I will always remember each and every one of them.

My favorite coat to keep me warm and most especially when I'm in need of a loved one's embrace.

And finally, my Bible. For my soul will always rest in Him. I know that everything happens for a reason and in the end, His plan will always be followed. I shall hope that one day, our family will be complete again because that's what God wants for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment