Sunday, July 17, 2011

First of the many

Dear Mama and Papa,

By the time you read this, I have already boarded the Kindertransport on my way to a different country, with my return and our reunion being uncertain.

I don't think I've ever told you how thankful I am to have such wonderful parents like you. You've been very caring of me, teaching me all there is I need to know about life. I hope you won't worry too much about me, I'll be the good girl you always wanted me to be. I'll obey the rules and orders of my foster family and hopefully learn to love them in time.

I promise to write you letters every chance I get and I'll be waiting for your replies. I'll do the best I can to get you out of Germany, I'll find a way.

Please pray for me and my siblings for we too will pray for one another. The Lord will be here to guide us and keep us safe no matter what. I know we'll be together again after all of these events are through.

I love you both very much.

Sasi, 10 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment