Wednesday, September 7, 2011

When the sun rises and sets with you

It's been such a long week, I can't begin to write about how it transpired. In the meantime, I'd like to share with you this music video that I've heard and seen weeks ago and every time I encounter it, it never fails to make me cry.


It was written and performed by one of my favorite artists, AJ Rafael, whose songs I've grown to love ever since I first heard them back in freshman year. This Filipino's a genius with words so I'd rather let him explain the real story behind the final product:
My Godfather, "Kuya" Frank, passed away last October after a 4-year long battle with cancer and it struck a familiar feeling in my gut. My Dad passed away when I was 10 and the reailty of losing another father figure really hit me hard.

I wrote this song not about a death or losing someone to an illness, but about wanting to be with someone so bad that you couldn't go another day without them--but this song spoke differently to my Kuya Frank's wife Ate Rhea. She told me that she listened to this song as if it was Kuya Frank singing to her, fighting for her, and wanting to be there for her through all of this. Thus, the original concept for this video was born and it stuck in my head--and I pray that this video helps you realize that you are not alone in your struggle, whether it is you or a loved one going through it.

Don't forget to let your loved ones know that you love them... We never know what tomorrow might bring.
More stories soon, I'm so tired from the two-hour midterm exams we had earlier. But all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment